Sunday, May 11, 2014

Yay!

Great turnout for our first Red Lick Artisans open studio and even with several downpours, thunder and lightning! What a success! I guess we'll have to do it again...
The parking area was full nearly all day long, with Bruce Hoefer, his brother, Bob and Eddie Shupe directing traffic on Liza Allen Road and parking cars on the side of the road for overflow.
Jason Meeks was hammering all day and entertaining everyone who came out to tour the studios. He and Bruce Hoefer collaborate on a new creation.
My set-up for the day. I met some really wonderful people and made some great sales, including some pieces for a wedding gift! Come Monday, some of these items will head to Damselfly Gallery in Midway, KY, some will stay here at Turning Wheel with all of their lovely pots and the rest I will be listing on Etsy in the coming weeks.
...a write-up in the Richmond Register...

Open Studio at my place resumes Wednesdays through Saturdays 10am-3pm until the end of September. Exceptions right now are the week of July 6-12, when I will be closed. I'll also make announcements for the next RLA tour...

And now...
Happy Mother's Day, Ma!

No comments:

Post a Comment