Monday, June 20, 2016

Quest for balance

     It's been several weeks now and I'm still trying to find a balance between studio and farm, home and work, self-care and other-care, clay and metal. (Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale). When I can't be as productive as I'd like to be in terms of "pieces out the door," I try to work on the things that help later on. I'm getting a new, larger kiln and a test kiln in a few days. In order to make room for them, I had to reorganize the studio space and that meant lots of days where half the studio was outside on tables while I moved, swept, cleaned, screwed in new shelves, re-boxed, labeled, tossed in the garbage and then put everything back. Something about reorganizing and cleaning that sets my restart button.
     Also, using the right tools helps things move along much faster. Concrete = Hammer Drill. Yay.





No comments:

Post a Comment