Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Snowman egg gourd Christmas ornament, front and back;
hand-drawn with pyrometer, painted, varnished, satin cord, cast sterling silver and copper, cotton






Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings, Happy Kwanzaa, etc!
     Since my past posting I've had a birthday (now 48) and gone into the Christmas mode of cleaning, contacts, cooking, shopping and all the other things that seem to throw absolutely everything off schedule. But what are ya gonna do except pour another glass of wine and smile at the chaos. It wouldn't all be so bad except that the weather out here in SE Kentucky has been cold, cold, cold (for Kentucky) and snowier than usual which makes life on the farm that much more difficult. Thank god for heated water buckets.
     I'm looking forward to Christmas and New Years, not just because of the joy and reverie but also because I'm anxious to get past the holidays and get on my schedule for the rest of my career. I'm looking forward to this next adventure. Above is a sample of some of the seasonal work I do as a nice break from the clay and metal. This is an ornament, cut, drawn and painted on an egg gourd. (I love gourds. They're so... weird.) The inside has been painted black and set in the gourd is a cast sterling silver snowman with copper arms.
     So for now, warm wishes to all for the holidays and let's remember those less fortunate than us and those that can't be with us at this time of year. A toast to a better year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment