Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bad Electricity

<Insert whine about computer problems here>
I think I've fixed some things.
     So anyway, in the in-between time, I've been throwing items for some salt/wood firings, mostly the carved Paleolithic drawing-type thingies. I think the wood/salt effects are appropriate for that cave-man like feel.
     I am still carving and sculpting the more organic items, mostly in the teapot and serving dish mode.


     I am sticking to my one-sculpture-a-month schedule. Still all about the seed forms.
Uncomfortable Surprise2012, Stoneware, Glaze, Beads
Also, I have a piece in the upcoming Dogwood Regional Arts Festival in Knoxville, TN. My husband and I toyed with an overnight to make the opening but after our five-and-a-half-hours-stopped-in-traffic odyssey on the drive back from Knoxville following dropping off the artwork, we have decided to forego that. What should have been a two-and-a-half to three hour drive turned into sitting in traffic for nearly twice that amount of time. As a result, the round trip ended up being 13 hours long. Seems there was a bad wreck on I-75 and we just happened to be in the absolute worst section on the highway, nowhere to turn around, nowhere to turn off, nowhere to pee. It was awesome. I hope they have fun in Knoxville but I'd rather not see that section of I-75 for about a month. The exhibition runs from April 6-27th at the Emporium Center in downtown Knoxville, 100 Gay Street.



No comments:

Post a Comment